Monday, June 28, 2010

6/28/10

(I don’t have Internet at the house so I’m writing this a little blind. I’m not sure where I left off last time.)

Last week was full of ups and downs. Overall we had some ‘breakthrough’ moments and some frustrating discipline moments (not our favorite thing to do, even though some kids might see it differently). I feel like I’m getting to know the kids better. I’m still struggling with names and it doesn’t help that most kids know every intern’s name.

We have to be very flexible here and I admit I’ve gotten frustrated a couple of times, even though I’m usually pretty good with whatever. Sunday night Zo (CGM staff) taught on Jesus’ life that was full of ‘inconveniences.’ I learned that these inconveniences that God puts in my life are there to test my faith and to refine me more into the image of my creator, God, and King.

Today I had an opportunity to be stretched. Because of a discipline issue, my kids couldn’t participate in the afternoon activity. My plans changed I think about five or six time in half an hour. Most of the reason I was frustrated was selfishness. I seeing more and more how selfish I really am. I hope God continues to show me this along with other sins I have and continues to put me in the furnace, burning away the dross so that nothing left of me remains.

Last Friday we went to J. B. and Joy (some friends of Josh). They cooked for us and we had a great night of fellowship. We shared many stories from camp and then they shared their testimonies and how they met and how God brought them together. It was really challenging and encouraging. I’m working on trying to apply it to my life and how I handing the whole dating thing.

My parents are coming to visit this Friday, I believe so if they can find my camera battery charger, I might get some more pictures up for y’all.

I started reading Ministries of Mercy by Timothy Keller yesterday. We have a pretty large amount of reading this summer but I decided to try to read that as well. It’s amazing how so much of what we’re being taught Keller has briefly addressed in the book.

Well, its time for me to head out for dinner so I’ll catch up with y’all later.

God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment